Wednesday, April 25, 2012

There were the fights with my niece the neighbors kids etc. And of course as usual when someone said something about it my guard was up. I tried the visits to my brothers house to play with the kids my cousins house to play with her kids but he really never got along with anyone. School...Oh school. I got phone calls everyday he was just not doing well in school not getting along with others, being obnoxious not doing his work and carrying on about everything. I was informed to take him therapy. After the first visit the doctor told me my son was emotionally handicapped. WTF is that did I do it, did his Dad do it what happened to this beautiful kid, but deep down inside I already knew I had a major problem to deal with.
I was cleaning houses with a childhood friend of mine to help with the money situation. You must do whatever you can to help your family, yes it was a low point in my life but I needed to help my husband.
After six long months of being totally uncomfortable and feeling like I was destroying this good family that allowed me to live in their home, we  rented a townhouse in the same town. My husband had started up another business (one of many) and we were able to go on our way. Finally I didn't have to clean someones toilets anymore. I felt human.
 I continued to go to doctors but every time they said something I didn't like I went to another. The schools were still calling about him and I was at my witts end. So I put him in a private school in NJ where other childre had the same problems. He really liked it there. He learned how to ski , had daily talks with the dean still had his issues of course but life was a little more quiet.
As we continued on my husband decided we were going to build the house of our dreams, on top of the mountain, this huge monster of a house. We were making really good money and it was time to make our dreams come true. My son would go up to help him I was with them too. We had heard rumors that this school was going under and I panicked not knowing what to do if this happened whrer would we send him now? It did close .So again we put him in regular school and the phone calls began day after day after day. After careful consideration I had mentioned that maybe we would send him to Military school in West Point maybe that would straighten him out and there had been other troubled kids going there and doing well. We traveled each way because they had no transportation 35 miles each way twice a day everyday. Still taking him to doctors. One of which told us we had a monster on our hands . My husband and I walked out in anger and never returned. After several months of school phone calls again it was over military school didn't want him either.
where o where had we gone wrong with this child, I was told a chemical imbalance all sorts of things but I always felt it was me that did it to him. Can being spoiled really make a child act this way, until today 33 years later I still blame myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment